Advice for Non U.S Citizens Starting A Business Venture in America

Advice for Non U.S Citizens Starting A Business Venture in America

A non-U.S citizen starting a business venture in America

A foreign citizen of the U.S. can start a business with the help of an E-2 treaty investor visa. An investment is said to be sufficient if it is $50,000 and enough if it is $100,000. The owner along with the members of his or her family can stay in the U.S. while the business is in progress.

Meeting the requirements of the E-2 visa is not very easy. The U.S State Department requires that an E-2 visa applicant has enough money to invest in his or her new business which is sufficient to fund and successfully run the business. It is very important to prove that your business will contribute some profit to the local economy by providing job opportunities to many people.

E-2 visa is renewable every two to five years. While renewing the visa the business owner is supposed to prove that his or her business is contributing to the economic development. This visa which is cheaper compared to the others allows a foreign citizen to come to the United States and start a new business.

About E-2 Visa

This visa gives an option that is open to foreign people with substantial money to enter the U.S without actually immigrating. The E-2 Investor Visa is a non-immigrant visa which permits a foreign national to enter and start a business in the U.S depending on an investment. This visa is renewable and there is no maximum limit to its renewal. Investor visas are available only to the treaty nations. However once a foreign investor enters the U.S under this category, he or she can look forward for other opportunities like applying for U.S. citizenship. When the business concludes, investors must return to their native country or change their visa status.

Frequently Asked Questions related to Starting a Business

The foreign citizens who wish to start a business in the U.S. face many challenges. The frequently asked questions related to starting and running a company in the United States of America is as follows:

Published by

%d bloggers like this: